Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Ouseburn Festival Feast - Sun 7th July

This weekend sees the return of the Ouseburn Festival and I am organising their food market once again... 20 stalls of food and drink will run the length of Ouse Street in the Ouseburn Valley on Sunday 7th July from 11am - 5pm. Freshly baked breads, pastries, fruit and vegetables, fudges, chocolates, handmade pizzettes, italian street food, traditional cakes, wines, local sausages, pies, pickles, Vietnamese and Indian street food, brownies, coffee and cocktails... Need I say more!


Sit in the sunshine on picnic rugs in the Victoria Tunnel garden. Hang out at Ouse Street Arts Club, and grab some coffee or a cocktails from the Ouseburn Coffee Company. Browse the stalls, shop for amazing food and drink, have lunch, a glass of wine...Sounds lovely!



Elsewhere in the valley there will be parades, duck races, boat cruises, Professor Brainstorm and the Magic of Icecream at Tyne Bank Brewery, live music, cycle courses at The Cycle Hub, children's activities at the Ouseburn Farm, craft stalls, pony rides, exhibitions, tours of the Victoria Tunnel, brewery tours and the Cumberland Reel! Come and spend the whole day...

Current stall line up for you to feast on!

Boulavard Cuisine 
Utter Swine
Fruitful Durham

Hope to see you there! Ouse Street, Ouseburn Valley, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2PF



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic line up Anna and looking forward to it immensely now I'm back in the land of the living again (long story but I've been zonked for the last six months basically, not to mention sales of Erdinger plummeting in the Cluny as a result of my debility).
    I'm training my rubber duck in preparation for the Ouseburn Duck Race (get one from the Cluny if you don't already have one - £2)
    By the by I voted for The Grazer as best blog (I tweeted that too), Le Gavroche as best restaurant, Ambiente (York) as best cheap eats, Jerusalem as best cookbook and The Cluny as best bar in the Observer (can't remember the rest of the catagories off the top of my head).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the vote! hope you have a good time at the market, see you there!

      Anna x

      Delete

Happy cooking! Let me know if you make any of my recipes, send a picture, and let me know any of your own recipes and tips! Anna x